In the previous post, we talked about the importance of always dressing in comfortable and appropriate outfits. It not only can boost one’s confidence; but is also a wordless presentation of one’s self-image. Let’s continue to explore and discover more about what USC international students say about appearances and relationships!
- Olivia Liang Strategic Public Relations Major
“It is important to develop your own fashion style and have fun with it!”
Olivia enjoys casual wear. “I am a typical Asian nerd, jeans and T-shirts are my favorite outfits at all time.” When Olivia is dressed comfortably, she is more likely to express her opinions and to bond with people better, which also helps her performance in class.
Americana at Glendale is her favorite shopping spot, “because it has some recreational facilities other than shopping. I can sit on the lawn or go watch a movie when I am tired.”
- Laura Cai Strategic Public Relations Major
“Don’t be afraid to show people your personalities by using bright colors, unique clothing cuts or bold accessories!”
Laura loves to make a statement with her clothing. She firmly believes that clothing tells others a lot about a person. She loves to surprise her boyfriend with different styles of outfits to keep excitements in love. “It turns my boyfriend on every time I try on a different style outfit!” Please try it at home with your boyfriend fellows!
Her favorite shop is Zara. Because she believes that clothes don’t need to be expensive to look good.
- Shuang Chen Strategic Public Relations Major
“I love pairing up white blouses with jeans, shirts, or pants. It is classic, elegant, and compatible with almost anything.”
Shaun’s dressing style is feminine. She thinks dressing appropriately will help her leave a good first impression on people she meets and talks to, especially during networking events. “People tend to be friends with those who dress in a similar style, dressing and presenting myself is something I constantly learning.”
Her favorite shopping brand is J.C Crew, “It has everything I need. And are affordable for students.”
- Kerong Su Strategic Public Relations Major
“It is important to dress suitably for the occasion and have fun with your clothing! Don’t take it too seriously!”
Kerong has an easy-going personality. She only wears clothes that make her happy. She said, “I don’t have a particular fashion style, but I always make sure not to overdress.” When hanging out with her “besties”, Kerong likes to wear similar style outfits with her friends, because similar outfits tie them closer together like sisters.
Her favorite designer shop is Fendi. “Fendi reminds me of all the exciting things I’ve done or not yet done in life. It is fun and young!”
Finally, it is my turn to tell you all about my fashion tips!
- We should know our body figure and wear clothing that is flattering your figure, and don’t be shy to show off your legs, shoulder, or boobs if you have one!
- Step outside of your fashion comfort zone. Don’t always wear blue jeans and white t-shirt, put on a colorful print jumpsuits or a longuette. Make every day a fashion day for yourself!
- It is not necessary to keep up with the newest trends, but you should update your closet regularly. I always get rid of items or old clothes every season, if you don’t want to throw them away, give it to your younger cousin or donate them to Goodwills.
If you enjoy reading this post, please comment below and share your stories with us!